Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Entertaining

I must admit, I'm a Republican. I know. You are shocked. I think I'm socially Republican and have some Democratic economic stances. However, I'm still a Republican (social issues outweigh taxes!). Jeremy & I have been very interested in the presidential race since the VERY exciting primary season. And our adult awareness of the media bias absolutely makes me sick. Obama is like a god to the media. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it. So, the ability to listen to Rudy Guilani bash Obama and his campaign so freely on public television made me laugh. Laugh outloud and from my [big] belly. It was like a sweet nectar of journalistic freedom that I haven't tasted in, um, well in my lifetime. And then comes Sarah Palin, a woman who prompts me to prayer everytime I think of her and her press-battered family. What a night! It was almost delicious to watch. I'm so glad I wasn't in labor. I would have missed it!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Amen, sista! I'm totally with you. I kept waiting for the news commentators to put a negative spin on things, or step in and bash someone over the head for deflating Obama's balloon... but no one ever did! At least for last night, freedom of speech meant that it was okay to not agree with the media, something we don't often see at any other time.

Laura said...

I found your blog :) And I was going to say the same thing Angela said..AMEN SISTA!!! Sarah Palin made me laugh and I enjoyed her speech so much!
Hope you are feeling good..I check Benefis' page everyday looking for Levi!!
(Laura Menzie)