I know this is kind of old-hat kind of encouragement, but I thought I would pass it along nonetheless. D-day is 3 days away. I was ready last week :) I just can't wait to meet the little guy!
"Motherhood is hard. It takes resources, strength, time and commitment I never thought I could summon. And then, when I’ve lost it and just can’t take another whine, another “Mom, can you …,” I remind myself that motherhood is my job right now. I am a mom. While I hold many subtitles: personal shopper, dietician, chef, maid, chauffeur; first and foremost, I am a mom. And I am proud to be a mom. Sometimes I have to say it out loud, “this is my job!” When I embrace the fact that motherhood requires my involvement – that I cannot parent from the couch or the computer chair – I am much better at it. Then I fold the laundry and put it away without issue. I make a shopping list and plan meals with diligence. I take the time to read books aloud. I submerge myself into the catching of fireflies and overflowing bathtubs and truly enjoy my job. I am a mom! It’s important work."
Monday, September 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The MOST important work.
Friend of Becca- I just had my little boy last Thursday. You can do it Momma!! I delivered hours before my due date and it is wonderful to be holding the little one. My other two are adjusting well and my daughter who is four is quite the little mom.
Looking forward to seeing your little man.
I needed that! Especially now :) thanks!
Post a Comment