Tuesday, May 20, 2008
The Start of our Garden
We have decided that our vegetable garden is going to be a family affair. Last night we got most of our plants into the ground. (We haven't figured out where to plant the miniature pumpkins and it is still too cold to put out the pepers.) The kids played in the dirt (and the baby pool!) and Hannah helped to plant seeds. We were out there for almost two full hours after Jeremy got home from work. I'm really hoping that I can actually GROW things. If I am able to, I can easily see gardening as being theroputic for me in Montana. The short season of warm (and shorter season of hot!) is something that is very hard for me to cope with. I need something to connect me to the outside world as intensely as possible before I have to hybernate again! I've even thought about a greenhouse just to give me a place that is humid and growing in the winter time! We'll see how it goes :) For now, gardening seems to be giving me and Jeremy something fun that we can enjoy together during the week, an element of our relationship that we both identified as lacking.
Grow, grow zucchini, grow, grow squash, grow, grow beans!
As a side note, if anyone in the Great Falls area knows of someone getting rid of a pressure cooker and/or a canner, please let me know! The optomistic side of me needs to develop a plan for what to do with my delicious veggies when I harvest them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's all going to be yummy!! I want to see a preggo picture. Post please :)
Suggestion from a former failed gardener: Don't buy the pressure cooker/canner just yet. See what the yield per acre is first. Jeremy can probably confirm that the harvest often does not meet expectations held at planting.
Post a Comment