Saturday, May 17, 2008
Because there's nothing else to do...
Because there is nothing going on in my life, Jeremy & I decided to try our hands at gardening this year. So, we've bought some starter plants, potting soil, seeds, etc and tonight Jeremy dug up part of the yard where we plan to plant. Why is it that the best place for the garden is where the grass is growing well?? I'm excited to have something to do outside while the kids are playing apart from digging holes in the sandbox. But I sit at the computer tonight and think "if we hadn't started this vegetable garden plan of ours, maybe the bathroom would have FINALLY gotten painted...after 10 months of construction..." Hopefully before September I'll be able to announce that the bathroom is finally finished. Maybe. But if not, we'll have fresh zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries to blame!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Betty Huss will be proud of you! Pretty soon you'll be grinding your own wheat for your bread!
Have you got a How My Garden Grows notebook? Where you put which plants, when you planted, weather conditions, varieties of seeds, crop yield... That way, you can see what works and what doesn't.
What am I saying?! You don't need a notebook because you'll just remember everything!
Anyway, hope I hope it all goes and grows well.
Post a Comment