Friday, May 16, 2008

My life

I was thinking this morning that since I'm not very regular in my blogging, as some of my fabulous friends are, I don't know that I have a picture of my life painted in the world of blog. And as I continued thinking I don't know that I have a regular life yet! I feel like I'm getting there. It's been almost 11 months since we moved to 3805 5th Ave South. I can't believe it. It has been a very physically and emotionally exhausting year. But, things are starting to finally settle. I know, just in time for Levi to arrive! But, here is kind of what life looks like for me right now :)

5:45am--try to force myself out of bed and take a shower, have a quiet time, drink coffee by myself sitting at my lovely island and looking out the window at GREEN GRASS (that deserves another blog all by itself!)
7:00ish--kids wake up; or, if kids have woken up against my will before 7am I finally allow them out of bed. I have a "no kids before 7am" rule unless they are sick or nursing!

Morning time--there is breakfast making and cleaning up (of course) but now there isn't 45 minutes of dishes to do! YEAY! Since it is warmer outside, we go for a morning walk 2-3 times a week and then start piddling either outside or in. Sometimes I do some cleaning, depending on what is driving me crazy on that particular day. I learned a long time ago that I could never have a cleaning schedule...I'm wanting to add some fun weekly activities to the mix. Bible study is over (and there are no Bible studies in the summer, much to my chagrin). I'm planning to start a weekly playgroup the first Wed of June. I still haven't really connected in my church yet (this deserves another blog!)

Lunch time--more food prep, mess making, and clean up. We've been eating in the kitchen, though, which requires less prepping and clean-up!

Naptime--I either work my job or sleep during naptime, depending on how much I think I can handle when the kids wake up.

Post nap--all depends on how much "work" for GVF I need to do. This past week I was in the basement working from 6pm til' bedtime while Jer feed/played with/bathed/put the kids to bed. Usually by dinnertime I'm all done mommying. I feel so depleated that I don't think there would be anything else to give other than a body to sit in the rocking chair in their room while Jeremy reads stories!

Recently I have been trying to do a little reading right before bed. I have found that it helps to shut off my brain. There are three Grisham books that I haven't read yet, and I'm hoping to make some dents in that list this week and on my PLANE RIDES TO ATLANTA!!! Yeay!! I'm going to Becca's house next week!!!!

I know. There are a ton of details out of the mix. And in many ways it probably sounds very similar to the lives of most other stay-at-home-moms. But I hope it helps!

Today is a playdate with a friend named Heather. I made some yummy cucumber sandwhiches for the mommies that I'm VERY excited about! (Thank you, Scott, for the Chapel Cookbook!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've tried a no kids before noon rule and I just can't get them to go along with it.