I can't stay in the house anymore. Today was suppose to be partly cloudy and 51 degrees, which is like Tropical weather in MT in February. Hannah and I were both very excited. Less than five minutes after she woke up she asked if we were going for a walk in the stroller today. Weather.com said that it was 41 and felt like 36. It is very overcast and slightly windy. But after the forth time of Hannah asking to go for a walk, I bundled up the kids, prayed that a true MT wind would not kick up and head out for a walk. I ended up doing our standard 30 minute loop, and we played with sidewalk chalk with our gloves on when we got home :) I think the 1.5 hours outside helped ALL of us to have a good attitude! It is amazing the change in my kids when they get to play outside! It's almost as big as the change in me.
In quasi-related news, Jeremy's parents are flying to MT in three weeks. It has been such a blessing to get to see our families so much. Grandkids are such a good motivator :) And while they are here, Jeremy & Scott will be building an 8' x 8' sandbox for the kids! Well, as long as it doesn't snow the week after Easter...We got the idea from friends in Korea who said that every base they've moved to (except Korea, of course) they had built a 10' x 10' sandbox for their four kids. The mom said they would play for HOURS at a time. I need that kind of outdoor toy! (And yes, Jeremy is building a cover for it, too.) If I really have my act together, I may start painting my kitchen cabinets while they are here. We'll see what happens! Pictures, of course, will be forthcoming when above mention projects are finished.
Off to convince (discipline) Hannah to stay in bed for naptime. Oh the joys!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the post about the Cadbury Eggs, I am happy I am not going crazy. And I had been reading your blog about the Parental Rights website and checked them out. I am glad to be aware of what is going on. I really want to homeschool my children, and am doing a lot studying and learning the laws around it. That website helps fill in some of the gaps. Thanks again!
Come get out of the house and meet me for lunch on Friday:) mandi.pettit@gmail.com
ooops! I ment Thursday! Let me know if you can!
Post a Comment