For those living in Montana, the Republican Caucus is next Tuesday, February 5th. The Democratic Primary is June 3rd. That's right--if you are a Republican, you get to be a part of "Super Tuesday"! I'm not nearly as involved in politics as I feel that I SHOULD be, as is my responsbility as an American to participate in my government, but I have been trying to stay on top of the world of politics in regard to the presidential elections (Isn't there already a lot that we are all doing in our lives?!?) I have a feeling that many of my "readers" feel the same, so I wanted to pass along a link that is a "quick reference" of sorts on hot topics you might be interested in:
http://www.afa.net/pdfs/08vg.pdf
I encourage you to participate. We can't complain about the way our government is functioning when we refuse to be involved in that Government. Not that I feel the Gospel (or even morals) can be forced through legislation but our democracy was designed as a participatory government. Are you participating?
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks! I knew they were coming up!
Go Huckabee!!!
(Though I think that he isn't doing very well) Seems like McCain is going to be our option... hmmmm.
but did you know only elected officials get to vote at the republican caucusin MT. Note the number of votes for each candidate, that is why it looks like so little participation. This is NOT RIGHT!
By Katie Dow (can't remember my log in)
Post a Comment