Somehow I've managed to get a full year subscription to Southern Living Magazine for just $2 for the year. Not even $2 an issue, which would still be a phenomenal deal, but $2 for the year. While curled up in my bed with less than a full brain cell functioning last night, I turned through the beautiful pages of my favorite magazine in the entire world. And as I forced myself to close it's pages and go to sleep, I thought about how I should blog to the world how much I love this magazine. (Yes, Christi, these are the riduculously random postings that make you NOT want to blog!)
When the mailman brings my monthly issue of Southern Living to my door, it's like he is delivering a little piece of home. In every single magazine there is at least one article about either a place I have lived or a place I have visited. I see pictures of beautiful, stately mansions of different cities, the Blue Ridge Mountains that I called home for so many years, or the leaves in many shades of reds, oranges, and yellows. I read 10 pages articles on how to have a great tailgate party (because who DOESN'T like football in the south??) and find mouth-watering recipes to add to my repetroire of Foods-That-Make-You-As-Round-As-A-Southern-Mama.
I used to read the magazine and ache. Now, with the Lord's help, I can read it and be filled with the warm peace that comes from being home. I can't wait for the next issue! (And don't worry Rachel, I love it so much that I never throw an issue away...)
As a completely tangent side note, one of my fabulous friends from church is in labor and will have her little girl tomorrow!! YEAY for not being pregnant anymore! YEAY for being able to sleep on your back again and tie your shoes and eat without having indigestion! And, of course, yeay for meeting the little person God has been forming for 40 weeks!! Congratulations, Tosha!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It wouldn't be Southern Living for me, but I can empathize with the joy it brings!
Awesome deal! $2! I am glad that you have a little piece of home that you can snuggle up with!
PS I am the queen of random, nonsense blogs!
Hey LB, I think I need to be getting that magazine with you girl.... New England is a beautiful place to live but there is just something about the Blue Ridge Mountains... when you have called them home a part of them will rest within you for as long as you live :) I miss it, but I know the Lord has placed me exactly where He wants me... Miss you sister love all the new pics of the kiddo's you look fantastic as always!
Love
Rach
Post a Comment