Monday, January 22, 2007

Lost in Translation

The problem with electronic forms of communication (emails, blogs, websites in general) is that dry humor and sarcasm rarely come across as such. So, to calm the hearts and minds of my faithful reading friends, I'm posting this blog....

Truly, I'm not a huge stress ball who walks around rubbing my stomach and chanting prayers. And the q-tip thing was a humorous "why not try it" thing that only happened Saturday evening. And I truly am in so much back pain that taking some baby steps (he he he) toward induction is something I desire. (I'm tired of laying on my bed crying in pain every night...). I'm not freaked out that I'm going to give birth on the side of the road (although, from the pragmatic side of me, I did get instructions on what to do and what to have to have a safe birth), and I know that I"m not terminally pregnant. (I'm still two weeks away from when Hannah was born!) While I desire to meet my son, start getting my body back, sleep with my husband again (it's been over two weeks!), and be able to walk without wincing, I know that this a short time in my earthly existance that will result in the birth of a little boy, even it he is way young when Jeremy has to fly to the states!

So, rest well, my friends, knowing that I truly am not going crazy on my side of the computer. But don't stop praying, either :)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I got the humor and sarcasm, LB, but I also know that behind that is a bit of truth. Any woman who has been pregnant understands just wanting that kid out NOW! I've often thought the last month of pregancy is designed to make you so miserable you don't care that you don't sleep for the next month (or two or three). I wasn't trying to judge you or question your faith, just to remind you of what I know you already know. Because there are just some days it's hard to see it on your own, and everyone has those days. By the time I was finally induced at 38 weeks with the twins I'd had plenty of those days! Hang in there, LB. Lots of people love you and are praying for you. And with all your friends all over the world there could literally be someone praying for you 24 hours a day!

Cortney said...

We understand and are right there with you! I thought the q-tip thing was funny too and really didn't think that you would try it, but any excuse to get your hubby to rub feet, go for it! :) Thanks for posting every day, when you don't I instantly wonder..."oooh, is she having him?" So just know that if you take a few days to post we (or at least I) will assume that you are or have been in labor! Still praying for you!

The Melones said...

I would be the exact same way! We are praying for you and know that God has all the details already worked out. It's hard not to know them on this side of Heaven though, I know. Can't wait for you to have your baby!!

Anonymous said...

I keep checking your webpage in hope that there will be either nothing (which means you are at the hospital...hopefully) or that Jeremy has updated saying you are on your way TO the hospital.

I'm keeping you in my prayers LB.