Wednesday, January 24, 2007

blessed to tears

It doesn't always take a lot to bless a person. Most of the time you don't really know you did it unless the person tells you. I have many dear, dear friends that I rarely get to email or whom rarely get to email me. But when they do my little heart skips a beat and I get thrilled, just like the days when the only time you heard from someone was through the mail (it's hard to remember those days...), and a precious letter was waiting in the mailbox!

Today's blessing--my girlfriend signed her email to me "I love you until men make sense." I know to some of you it may seem wacky that this little line makes me almost want to cry, but here are a few reasons why. The obvious--She'll love me forever. When will a man make sense? :) Second--she is so comfortable in our friendship that she knows that I know that she is in no way is slamming her husband. Third--I can hear her say it and it makes me miss her desperately and wish I could sweep her away for a three hour conversation over Starbucks lattes.

One of the blessings of Heaven is knowing that we can always have a three hour conversation with our girlfriend over coffee. I can't wait!

ps--For those of you who are checking my blog everyday to see if I've had Benjamin, just I did for weeks with Susie, Amber, and Katie's blogs, I guess you can tell that he is still very happy to be carried around on the inside :) Today's his due date, so he has a chance to be punctual...does he have his mother's personality?? he he he :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all need day to day photos of how cute you look pregnant! I am glad that post man delivered a letter to bring you joy from a friend! It really stinks that more people know my email address than my actual physical address!

Summer said...

I love you LB and I miss you so much. Alisha and I were just talking over Christmas about how much we would love to just sit and chat with you over coffee. I'm miss your to-the-point advice to me, and just your honesty in life. You are loved...and Benjamin....well I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Susie said...

I love snail mail. I know that's not what this post is about, but it reminded me of how important making that personal contact is. Feel good, friend.

Wendy said...

I love snail mail too and was very disappointed to receive in the mail today the last note I tried to send you...nicely sliced in half by the postal machines. So that little encouraging note that was supposed to be in your mailbox before you had Benjamin didn't quite make it. And I'm hoping by the time I could get another one to you he'll be cuddled up in your arms!

Cortney said...

In this time of electronic efficiency, getting a personal note or card in the mail means so much more! I second Jackie...more pics!!!

Anonymous said...

love you, so much.