That is the question. I had an appointment yesterday afternoon and by the time I saw the doctor at 3pm my back was in so much pain I was crying in the examination room. (Note: I don't cry often.) The doctor looked at me and basically said "If you want progestrogen gel to get things going, let's do it--there is no need to be in pain like this so close to your due date." I was all for it--I've even thought about scheduling a c-section to get this kid out because my back has hurt so badly. Obviously, I haven't pursued such drastic measures yet. But I did schedule to have the gel on Wednesday.
What should be so simple is really so complicated here in Korea. In order to get the gel, I really need to have a place to stay at Youngsan in case the gel works. Which means paying $70/night. What do I do with Hannah? My friend said Hannah could stay with her--but what if I go up there and DON'T go into labor after the gel? And then we found out it is suppose to snow this weekend. Korea + snow + weekend traffic = not a good time to go into labor. Of course I could go into labor immediately after getting the gel, but if not, then I come home for two days and go back for the weekend??
So, as of this writing, we are planning to go up to Seoul on Friday, get some gel, pray that it works, and spend the weekend there. The only thing we haven't figured out is what to do with Hannah. If it works, it's not a big deal to go up there by ourselves. We would be doing that anyway. But if not, we could be there for five or six DAYS with her at Osan. Not my (or my friend's) idea of an ideal situation.
Why does Benjamin want to create such drama before his entrance into the world? This little 8lb wonder could make all of this SO much easier if he decided to come into the world BEFORE Friday.
There's still time. Time for prayer and fasting, weeping and wailing and ashes on my head. "God make this baby come before the weekend!"
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I cannot believe you would combine ashes with the thoughts of babies. knock it off. I hear you totally, because I tried everything short of trying to break my own water, and he came the night before our scheduled induction. And, we almost had him at home! It will be more memorable if it is more dramatic!
Dear, sweet Laura Beth...take a breath. I completely understand all your worries/fears, made doubly hard by being in Korea. And I full acknowledge that I am a hypocrite and it's MUCH easier for me to be faithful in your life than mine. But here's the bottom line. You trust God. I don't have to put it as a question because I know that you do. Remember that. He knows what He's doing, even when in our earthly eyes it doesn't seem to make sense. So my suggestion for your prayer would be along the lines of, "Lord, everything in the world is making me worry about the timing of Benjamin's birth. But even still I am CHOOSING to trust you by faith. I know You have our family in Your loving hands and that no detail is too small for You to take care of." And, then, try to actually let it go and trust Him. In my life it seems sometimes like He's just waiting for me to surrender things to Him and then He works in amazing ways as if to remind me that life works better when I let Him be God instead of trying to do it myself.
I agree with Wendy, but she says it so much more eloquently (see, I'm not sure that is a word!) God's got it figured out already! I'm still waiting for a picture of Jeremy rubbing your feet with q-tips sticking out of your ears! :)
I know you leave Korea soon and probably will not deliver your next child out of the country....but next time you should consider the whole midwife/home delivery thing! Then you could just sit home, eat ice cream and wait! Of course cry, etc... but at least you'd be more at ease :( I'm sorry for all your worries....you'll be okay! We all love you and are praying for you.
Post a Comment