Yes, I'm in the states and one would think I would be a bit more consistent in blogging. I have been suffering from a bad case of the dial-ups. I love my parents and inlaws dearly, but the last time I lived with a dial-up connection was right before I moved to college in 1997. I just don't have a lot of patience with the internet without DSL. I guess I'm an internet snob. I've been called worse :)
I've been back and forth and back again between my parents house and my inlaws house. I've packed, unpacked, and packed again so many times that I KNOW I'll be ready to live out of a dresser and not a suitcase by the time I finally crash into my bed on December 5th! I have been very thankful to be in the states, though. It was good timing for many reasons. There have been a lot of "issues" at my parents house that have eased with our presence in NC. Jeremy has been working like a madman since I left, so I wouldn't have seen him even if I was in Korea anyway :) I've purchased most of my shopping list (yes, it is a list just like going to the grocery store--if I forget something, I'm out of luck until either my mother-in-lawe ships it to me or I move back in June!) I've had Arby's curly fries, Chick-fil-A, a couple of Goodwill runs (great finds on kids clothes!), Dunkin' Donuts, and Papa Johns! YEAY! Not to mention AC Moore and Hobby Lobby. And Hallmark. And Target, Babies R Us, old Navy, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Walmart, Walmart, Walmart!
Jeremy will be ending a horrific week of 16 hour days in just 10 short (or not so short...) hours from right now. I'm sure he'll have to go into the office on Saturday morning to finish up some things, but then he starts the 28 hours of traveling on Sunday morning! Yeay! Three and a half weeks without my hubby is enough for me, thank you very much :) I'm not looking forward to him getting deployed in the future. If we get our assignment of choice, he won't be "eligible" for deployment until 2009. I DEFINITELY can't complain--I've made out like a bandit so far as a Civil Engineer's wife! He's suppose to deploy every two years of his career. We haven't had one yet!
In addition to all of this fun, my mom, me and Hannah drove up to Virginia on Saturday and visited with my great grandmother (yes, Hannah has a GREAT GREAT grandmother!) and with my Mamaw and Papaw Rowland. Nothing like a trip to my old "stomping grounds" from high school to bring back memories...and make me thankful that they are just that--memories and not my current reality! Ha! Today I drove with Hannah to Greenville, SC to meet with my dear friend Becca. She and I were "baby buddies" together at Osan before she moved this past July. She drove up from Atlanta, and we spent three hours trying to get our kiddos to eat some lunch and then pushing them around Kohl's so they had something to keep them entertained while we chatted. (Thank you, Becca!)
Above all, I have realized over and over and over again just how much God has blessed me. From the grace He covered me with throughout my growing up years, to my wonderful family and inlaws to my FABULOUS husband, a cutie patootie daughter and a soon-to-be-son, to my amazing friends...I've been overwhelmed to really take a look at the life God has given me. Not to speak of the wonders of His love :) *Can you tell it's almost Christmas??*
Ok, there is a reason I'm suppose to blog a little at a time....
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good to hear about you. I was wondering you were doing. Blogging big is good, but dial-up isn't.
Amber and I were just talking last night about you and what you were doing. Now we have the whole scoop! We love hearing from you but understand your dial-up dilema!
It is so good to hear you are enjoying life!!! especially life back in America! I sure miss your bubbly spirit and southern charm! God Bless! J
So good to hear from you!!! Sorry about the dial-up situation, I can relate with my in-laws! Glad that you are getting your fill on the good old USA foods, and you can blame it on the pregnancy! Hee! Can you reveal your "assignment of choice"? Can't wait to hear from you again!!!
Dial-up? What's that?
Glad to hear you're enjoying all the comforts of home life ;)
S
Hey My Friend, glad you are here for a while and enjoying NC. I am praying for you and Jerm, Hannah and Ben. I was so overwhlemed when I read your blog because Scott and I feel the same exact way when we go back to Va... God is blessing us so much here in Ma. I just finished my first session in the recording studio on Sat. We should be finished with the single by Christmas... Praise God so much to catch up on LB. Love you, HAPPY THANKSGIVING - Rach
Post a Comment