Saturday, August 26, 2006

MOPSing

This has been an INCREDIBLY long week. I have been weary in the work, but not weary of the work. Work? What work? I don't work, right? I'm at Stay At Home Mom! (Just joking! We all know the truth of that statement!) MOPS--Mothers of Preschoolers--is in the planning stages for the 2006-2007 year. I'm in charge of Finance, Hospitality, and Publicity. This week, it has felt like I've had a full time job in addition to my "job" as a mom. It's been rough, but I feel like the bulk of the work is over. That is what I was shooting for--bust my rear for a week and not be crazy busy for the week before the first meeting.

This year's theme is "Fresh Air." Do you know how convicting that can be? To be leading other women to live lives that are saturated in the Fresh Air of Christ? It has been challenging to me, and so inspiring. I have released the belief that I can do it all. I can't. No one can. I don't want to try. But, I will work hard. (Especially if I know it is short lived!!)

So, I'm alive. I'm thriving. I'm going to wake up tomorrow and breath Fresh Air. Christ died to give it to me.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That's a great theme, especially in Korea where "fresh air" isn't something you get a lot of! I never really appreciated the EPA till my time in Korea and China :) Breathe Him in and enjoy...I think I willl too!

Anonymous said...

good. I'm reading a book called "soul space" right now. Really interesting. miss you

Cortney said...

Hello! You asked me about the slide.com thing I used. I don't know about the instructions that they have on their site, but I just highlighted, copied and then went to blogger. When you create a new post, then go to "HTML" and paste it into that. I hope that it helps.