The next weekend was the "Big dig"! The less-than-intelligent former owners of this house didn't put a drainage pipe along the retaining wall in our backyard. After thirty years of water pressure, the wall was on the brink of collapse. So we had to rent a mini-excavator to break down the wall, dig out for an egress window, and dig a huge ditch to lay pipe down before building the new retaining wall.
Then it snowed. I mean recard-breaking 25.6 inches of snow. On top of all of that dirt. Construction got delayed.
Of course, we couldn't finish that project because we need to finish fencing in the yard in order to babysit a dog for a (new but become close) friend of ours. Ever seen five mean CARRY A FENCE??
The kids have had SO MUCH FUN "working" in the garage with Daddy!!
Today is weekend #4 of construction. God has blessed our socks off with lots of men coming to help! And by Monday night I may have a fenced in backyard :) A first for me, and I'm THRILLED!! (I pay our help in food, of course!!)
2 comments:
YEA! Pictures and something from the Rhodes. I am so excited! The kids are excited to see the video of Mr. Jeremy and pictures of the kids. Thank you! Can't wait to see pictures of it all finished. *Hint*
Love you!
Love the 4 seasons! It is so you! Glad to see you back and updating :) I, too, look forward to seeing the finished projects :)
Post a Comment