I had been dreading the day that mom would fly back to NC. It would mark the end of my full-time help and beginning of my new life as a mom of three. Then Jeremy found out that he would have to work a bazillion hours on Sat - Friday. Joy, joy. Ok, I can handle this, I said to myself. Jeremy can't help his work schedule, he actually gets paid overtime, and I'm not working right now--I can do this. And then three hours after I dropped mom off at the airport, I got sick. Throwing up sick. So sick I was crying while sitting on the couch. Jeremy couldn't come home and couldn't take sick leave this week, so I had to do the unthinkable--ask for help. Dear, sweet Alisha came over in less than ten minutes and took the kids away (the big kids) so that I could be sick without them in the bathroom. They came home right at bedtime, just as Jeremy was walking through the door. And dear, sweet Courtney came over for four hours this morning to take care of them while I laid in bed. And dear, sweet Summer may be coming over to help me until bedtime again.
Why is it so hard to ask for help? Even though we would love to help others, we don't know how to help them unless they ask. There are people in all of our lives who want to help us, but we fight it--we think we can handle it. Our pride prevents people from blessing us and prevents them in sharing the blessing of serving us. I had to reach the point where I knew my kids would not be taken care of unless I got help. Maybe it won't take such circumstances for me to reach out the next time.
Wow. I'm the mother of three.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh LB...I'm so sorry you're sick! Wish I could be there to take your kids for you! I hope you start to feel better soon! I agree about asking for help though...I know when I get back from Colorado I need to start finding someone to watch the kiddos when I go into labor. I hate asking people to change their plans for me:)
oh to have that problem...I ask for too much help which becomes manipulative and is just as bad as being prideful. I hope you are feeling better and I'm glad that there are people around you that are willing to help...such a blessing!
I'm so glad to hear about your WONDERFUL friends! I do know that you would do just the same for any of your friends too! Take care and get better soon!
You DID handle it! You saw what needed to be done and you did it! Asking for help may be one of the harder tasks you have to do sometimes, but you did it. Saw the spiritual application for it, too. And I know you are one of the most appreciative folks ever, so those gals will get the pleasure of being thanked - profusely! - as well as the pleasure of serving you and honoring Jesus in the process! Not to mention getting to spend time with those wonderful kiddos! Sounds like a win-win-win situation! Summer,Courteny, Alisha, bless your dear hearts and hands.
What a blessing to have such wonderful friends that can come and help you out! Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment