"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in theLord, I will be joyful in God my Savior." Habakkuk 3:17-18
Wow. Powerful words, huh? Can't you just fill in the blanks and make the verses your own challenge?
"Though I get paid squat at my job and my kids wreck my house,
though I can't sleep at night and my family lives across the country,
though my friends are scattered far away and my life never slows down,
YET I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD, I WILL BE JOYFUL IN GOD MY SAVIOR."
Yes, I'm still pregnant. Due date is three weeks from tomorrow, though I'm hoping he'll come two weeks from tomorrow (for various logistic reasons). Considering I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant with two other small kids at home, I'm doing really well. However, I've been on this ride in the amusement park of life long enough and I'm ready to get off :) he he he :)
Speaking of the son who doesn't sleep past 7am, off to start my day of mommyhood!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Preach on, LB! Thanks for a convicting devotional.
Hey LB,
Thank you for this post..... I'm gonna copy you and say AMEN I needed to fill in the blanks to this today too... Love ya and praying for you and the family and the arrival of sweet Levi.
Much love from too far away :)
Rach
Post a Comment