Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Camping while 8 months pregnant

So we had to take advantage of the warmer weather and go camping, regardless of the fact that I'm less than 8 weeks from my due date. (If you'll recall, I have done crazier things like being stranded on the side of the road in Korea at 38 weeks after a day at the beach!!) I had not been camping since Labor Day 2004, and I was in major need of the therapy of the outdoors. So we headed out on Friday for a camping trip that took about 3 hours of driving (the last hour we only went 10 miles into the woods!). It was quite the adventure! Our friends Courtney and Jesse Atchley went with us, which made the trip just perfect. We joked that doing things with another married couple is almost like dating--you never know how it's going to turn out. I think we found some good camping buddies, and hopefully they won't decide to move away for a while!!

Apart from the back window of the truck falling out right before we left Great Falls (don't worry--my amazing husband fixed it in less than 30 minutes!), a scare with our coolant level, the flat tire on Courtney & Jesse's Explorer, the east coast rainstorm we went through on the trip down, and almost getting lost in the woods trying to drive to the "campsite" the rest of the trip was lots of fun, very comical, and void of major catastrophe!

Here are some pictures from the trip. For pictures of our seven mile hike (and to see what I would look like with a beer gut!) check out Courtney's website.

2 comments:

Mandi! said...

Sounds like good stuff to me! And with Courtney- how fun!

Mandi! said...

Oh my goodness, Woman! I just saw the pics- you're insane!