Thursday, June 05, 2008

I have those days

I have those days when living in Montana just gets to me. So for therapy I either imagine what my house in North Carolina would look like, or I go online and look at MLS listings in the mountains and foothills of NC. The good news is that if we do move (one day in the very distant future) and we move during a housing "slump" then we can get a comparable house in Jeremy's hometown. I found a lovely four bedroom with an acre of ground and 2500 square feet that would be less than what we would sell our current house for. For that matter, I can get a comparable house in my girlfriend's neighborhood of Atlanta. Houses are too expensive in Montana.

I'm realizing that, contrary to the desire of most Montanans, the winters don't bother me so badly. (Most of the Montanas in my last workplace almost took pride in people not liking the winters here.) It's April, May, and June that make me want to pull my hair out. By April, I'm really for green grass and flipflops. In May, I want all of the leaves on my trees to be out. In June, I want to wear shorts from the time I wake up until the time I put on my pjs. None of those things happen in Great Falls, Montana.

I'm thankful that in Heaven everything will always be green. We won't have to wear sweaters and closed-toed shoes. And I can have coffee with my mom anytime I want. Heaven. Such a wonderful place. I'm glad I'll be there for eternity. It makes it easier to not live at home while living on earth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where will the folks who love cold, crisp weather go?! :o)

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for. It is supposed to hit 99 here tomorrow and 100 Sunday.

Laura Beth said...

I would LOVE to see 99!! (How did Jeremy & I get married with such differences??)

Anonymous said...

Terri told me the three words that would keep her and Colice from moving back to Colorado were "snow in May." But when you do get snow here, even in December, it's likely to be sandwiched between 70 degree days. I understand springtime being hard for you there. My least favorite time in Okinawa was in the fall. Come September I want cozy sweatshirts and cool breezes blowing through the window when I sleep...not more 90 and humid.

Ali Brown said...

that's so funny...Dave and I want to move to NC too...we don't have any family there...we'd have to "start over" but man is it gorgeous!!!