1) Busy season is over. I'm two weeks into "normal" life. I love it. Still sleep deprived, but happy!
2) We had a fabulous "family vacation" to Missoula the weekend before the 15th:
3) We bought our first brand-new vaccum cleaner EVER last month. In addition to saving over $50 on the purchase (a great sale!), it works beautifully :)
4) A small group Bible study started meeting at our house on Sunday nights. We aren't sure how long it will last (Montanans typically don't meet for Bible study in the summer time) but we have enjoyed it so far.
5) The kitchen got painted!
6) We found out that we are having a boy! 'Twill be named Levi Andrew Rhodes and he is currently measuring on time. That makes this mama happy :)
7) Alisha got married and I almost cried. It was the closest I've ever come to crying at a wedding--including my own! And, of course, Hannah was beautiful!
8) Jeremy got the dishwasher installed in the middle of the kitchen. Next step is to build the island around the dishwasher. For now, it is literally in the middle of the kitchen floor and when it is not is use we keep the box over it so that the kids don't play with the insilation!
9) We are driving to Kellogg, Idaho, tomorrow (a five hour drive one way) to trade in the Impala for a mini-van. The functionality of the vehicle has taken over and I'm getting a mommy car. We were able to not only trade-in the car but we are ultimately getting a little money back into our pockets. Always a great thing! We only have three payments until the Impala is paid off, so we are making them all tomorrow and we will only be left we a mortgage as debt. Thank you, Jesus! "Before and After" pictures will follow. The best part of all of this is that we found a babysitter and we are going BY OURSELVES! This is the first time since July 2006 that Jeremy & I have spent an entire day together without the kids. We are THRILLED!!
10) On a similar note, in less than three weeks I get to fly to Atlanta to visit my dear friend Becca Mooney. I get to fly BY MYSELF to visit Becca. I haven't seen Becca in almost two years (and we've both had a baby since then!). And I haven't flown by myself somewhere since November 2004. It's time. It's really time. The anticipation of this trip helped me fight depression in January and February, and now it's almost here!! Chick-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby, and Korean food in addition to alone time, little-to-no responsibility and, of course, time with my sister-in-Christ. Does it get any better??
11) My dear friend (and college roommate) Mary had Thorson baby #3 this week. Welcome to the world, Jesse!
Friday, May 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a wonderful, wonderful time with Becca! And you can even visit without having to cook dinner for 60. Enjoy flying by yourself. I did that a couple of years ago. It had been 12 years since I'd done it without kids. No diapers, only one ticket, no passports, and I got to walk directly off the plane without waiting for a stroller. Much nicer than the trips to and from Korea with everyone!
Post a Comment