Monday, August 20, 2007

The desires of your heart

For those who haven't seen it, Jeremy's VT class ring is huge. (And for those from VT, they realize that even that was the next to smallest size!) It wasn't cheap and beyond that there is a LOT of sentimental value attached to it. You can understand what a big deal it was that he lost it in March. He looked and looked and looked but to no avail. The man was sad. Very sad. He was afraid of the worst--that Hannah had found it and in the cleanliness of her little 19 month old self had throw it in the trash (she is quite the clean freak). When we moved, his hope was gone.

You may not believe it. Jeremy didn't. I believed in my heart that it HAD to happen (especially with as much prayer as went into it!) Jeremy found the ring this morning. Jeremy put on a pair of jeans for the first time in five months, stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled it out. Those pants have had the pockets hanging upside down in the closet in Korea, were packed by the movers, unpacked by me, and then hung upside down again. The ring stayed in there. Oh happy day! Benjamin has an inheritance :) he he he :)

"Cast ALL your cares upon Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

2 comments:

Mericle said...

Jeremy - Perhaps this great discovery is a sign that Beamer will soon find the rest of his OL.

Go Hokies.

Anonymous said...

We had a similar thing happen with James's blanket...his blankie, the quilt that my best friend's mom made him. He'd had it outside (after I told him not to) but he'd said he'd brought it back in. Then we had helpful older brothers asking if he'd thrown it away. We looked all over the whole house. I couldn't believe the blanket had just vanished, but I couldn't figure out where we hadn't looked either...it's a little bigger than a ring after all. To make things even more fun, since he's a twin the quilt my friend's mom made for Rachel looks almost the same with a slightly different pattern on the fabric...so the chances of James just "forgetting" about the blanket with Rachel's there to remind him were slim. Plus, how do you tell someone who's made quilts for all 5 of your kids, plus your wedding that you managed to lose one? I cried, I prayed, I felt like an idiot for being so upset over a blanket. I finally came to the conclusion that most certainly God could make it appear, and that if He chose not to then the blankie wasn't quite as important as I'd thought. A month passed. I'd let it go. I was getting ready for church and had a TV church service on. The pastor was saying that you have to keep believing...today may be the day what you've been praying for happens. I did not, at the time, think of the blanket, but the next thing I knew Sarah was knocking on my door. She was going to pack up a few things to take to my mom's after church and decided to use the duffel bag in the back of her closet...the one that James had packed his blankie in when he was "going to Iraq to visit Daddy." I continue to be amazed at how God uses the seemingly little things to ask, "Do you trust me?"