Monday, May 21, 2007

It happened...

They came. They saw. They took everything. Our movers came today and loaded up seven wooden crates with over 130 boxes & furniture. We are Americans. Americans with too much stuff. Americans with too much stuff and more stuff in storage. And now I'm sitting in my apartment with borrowed furniture from base and bare walls that echoes anytime anyone talks...or cries...or squeals...so even though our house is empty of "stuff" it is full of noise!

It is a surreal thing. I remember thinking as I was saying my vows "Wow. This is weird. I'm getting MARRIED right now." And with both labors (well, during early labor) I thought "I'm living out my labor story. What happens in the next couple of hours I'll retell and remember the rest of my life." It is very much the same right now. We are leaving. Leaving Korea, leaving our friends, living the Air Force. We are moving to start a new life in a new house. (Ok, new to us!) And we will always remember the day that the movers came.

That was my today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You absolutely will remember this day. (And doesn't it feel good to have it over with!!) But, LB, you'll remember getting to Montana, to your new home that you'll be able to stay in for more than a year, and going back to your church that first Sunday knowing God has led you back there to your "family" even more. Enjoy both the good-byes from the people you've blessed and been blessed by at Osan, and the "welcome homes" from everyone in Montana. And stock up on Kleenex to get you through the next few emotional weeks :)

Christel louise said...

Can't wait to see you! Great Falls is waiting! And so are we.

Summer said...

I can't wait until you are here! We definitly need to sit over a cup of joe or even to a park with your kiddos and just catch up on life. Plus...I'd like to pick your brain and receive your no-nonsense but very loving advice! I miss you so very much...and Alisha is bummed that she won't be here to see you guys...but she says hi!