No, not Hannah. Benjamin. Yes, I know that he'll be two months old tomorrow. But I also know that Hannah started gumming my finger at about the same age and popped two teeth out the week she turned three months. What can I say, my kids are overachievers in the mouth area :) Now, if only we can say that in the brain area...time will tell...
Life is full of big decisions, isn't it? Jeremy & I have been in a hurricane of them over the past two weeks. In, out, up, down, left, right...which way should we go? So many thoughts, so many discussions, so many prayers, so many tears and wanting the "decision" time to be over and the clean up from the hurricane to begin. Seems like we haven't had a "calm" year since we've been married. Maybe 2008 will be the year of the calm because 2007 definitely isn't! Then again, it will be time for another baby by then...2009? Maybe?
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
All I can say is that it comes. The hurricane will die down and it will be a calm you never expected. Our first 3 years of marriage were just as you speak and we now feel calm. I don't want to say have faith and be patient because those phrases are far too used but the message is still the same.
You'll be in my prayers.
Love~Beth
I hope you were able to get some "ro-tic" time Sunday night, Laura Beth. It sounds like you needed it! As for "calm", I've found the trick (and it's sometimes a very tough one) is feeling God's presence and calm in the midst of the chaos. We figured out we'll have teenagers till 2023. I'm thinking I'll be happy with calm hours and not count on calm years. In my imagination I think life may be calmer when the AF is no longer a factor, but there may be some other thing then. I'm noticing that just when I think things are headed toward calm things happen like an email from Chuck saying his deployment may be extended a month. So, time to learn how to be content and trust in God, not circumstances. I'm leaning on a sound bite from a sermon I heard before Chuck left: I do not know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future, and I trust Him.
Keep your eyes on eternity, girlfriend. This is only a season and vapor compared to eternity with Him! I love you! Thanks for sharing your life with us.
Love reading your blog and hearing/seeing what is happening with your family
Post a Comment