I don't know why, but I've never tried to email a blog posting to my blog. Maybe I would blog more if I did it. So, now I'm trying it to see if it works :)
We are hitting the dusty trail tomorrow. Our plane leaves at 6:00am from Charlotte, which is an hour drive from Jeremy's parent's house. So, at 2:30am we'll wake up, at 3:00am we'll leave, have the scary weigh-in-of-the-baggage time, and then sit around in the airport for about an hour (if all goes well) before we get to board the plane.
From Charlotte we go to Dallas. From Dallas to Tokyo. From Tokyo to Seoul. Our plane is suppose to touch down at 9:00pm local time on Tuesday, Dec. 5th. Then through customs and HOPEFULLY the bus that goes directly onto base will still be at the airport so that we can pay $90 to ride to Osan. But, with four suitcases, a double stroller, a car seat, a pregnant mommy and a very active (but possibly very cranky) little girl after 30 hours of traveling, we thought that taking the direct bus and paying the money would be better than trying to get on the city bus and taking TWO taxis to our apartment. Mind you, we will still need to take a taxi from the bus "stop" on base to our apartment. And then lug all of the stuff to our place. Thank you, God, for an elevator!!
The weeks have flown by. We have done fun shopping. We have done a lot of "strategic" shopping, as I like to say where we buy things we know we'll need and can't get in Korea. We've watched movies and football and been wined and dined. We've seen old friends and family and actually had a date or two!
And now, it is back to the grind of daily living, the hustle and bustle of work and home and ministry. It's good, but it's hard. I'm constantly trying to figure out ways to make it easier. Maybe one day I will. If I do, I'll let you know.
And maybe I'll be as good as Susie at my blog :)
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Safe travels my friend! Yea I totally understand. We all want our blogs to look like Susie's.
I second that! Kudos to Susie for being such a good blogger and usually commenting on mine! I pray that travel is smooth and Hannah is an easy little traveler!
Now I'm blushing. What you all really want to say is, "Susie has no life and spends too much time blogging." :) kidding, mostly.
Safe travels and prayers for you all :)
s
I will be thinking of you. Lots of taxis!!! Merry Christmas, too!
Post a Comment