Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Jeremy updates

The biggest news to be told is that Jeremy found out that he got an 18 month school assignment at Wright-Patterson in Dayton, Ohio as his next assignment. He'll get his Master's in some kind of Engineering Management degree. School starts in August and we'll be there until March 2008. WE'LL BE IN THE SAME TIME ZONE AS MY FAMILY!!! I've NEVER been able to just pick up the phone with our parents or my sister and not think about what time it is where they are. I'm thrilled. And, we'll only be a three hour drive from my sister's house. Can we say ROAD TRIPS?!?! Two families from Osan have already PSC'ed there, one of which has six kids and is a lovely source of parenting knowledge (the Volchecks) and the other loves Hannah and will be willing to babysit from the get-go (the Meadors). God is good :)

On to the not-so-fun news. Jeremy is currently suppose to be leaving on February 24th for a five week training in Alabama. Need I say that this is just one month after Benjamin is suppose to be here? Read: Rhodes babies are late babies. He could be just two weeks old when Jeremy leaves. Needless to say, I'm less than happy about this arrangement. His major is trying to get things changed and have us leave in May, but it doesn't look so good from this end of things.

So sing with me "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the Facts of Life, the Facts of Life!" (Gotta love 80s TV show theme songs!)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations on the assignment! I know what you mean about being in the same time zone. When my mom first moved here she called while I was out and the message started "it's 5:00 my time, which I guess is your time now too." I hope the AF will give him SOS en route, but that might make too much sense for them. And look at you pretending you're old enough to have watched Facts of Life.

Laura Beth said...

Hey, now! I DID watch the Facts of Life! Blaire, Tootie, Joe, Mrs. G...It was great! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi LB,
We loved our time at AFIT and we also loved our time at SOS. If they are able to postpone it, would you go with him? I remember one family had come from Korea while we were there. It's nice to now where you're headed next isn't it? Makes the hard times a little easier, knowing there's a good end in sight.