In just 13 hours I will get into the car to drive the 2.5 hours to the airport (less than 45 miles...), check into my flight with my 100 lbs of luggage, two carry on bags, a car seat, an umbrella stroller and a 14 month old. (You can't buy a partridge in a pear tree in Korea--customs laws! Just kidding!) Then it's about 2 hours to Japan, an 1.5 hour layover, a 12 hour flight to Dallas, 1.5 hours to deboard, go through customs, and take off again for a 2.5 hour flight to Charlotte. Then the good part--grandparents! One to take Hannah, one to grab the luggage while I get a latte and enjoy the 1.5 drive to my parent's house.
Me too. I'm tired just thinking about it!
In unrelated news, I found out that one of the scrapbooks I'm working on weighs SEVEN pounds. I was taking it home with me to work on, show off, and keep in the states so that I don't have to PCS with it. Jeremy will have to bring it in his suitcases! I get 100lbs for me and Hannah. He gets 100 lbs for the rest of my stuff and the approx. four outifts that he'll bring with him. Amber would be appalled, though--I only packed TWO pairs of shoes! :)
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ugh! I'm tired for you! Praying that everything goes well! Pack a lot of fruit snacks and goldfish (Colton's traveling foods at that age). I don't know if it will work for you, but when I flew with Colton, I took one of those luggage carts that fold up and a bungee cord and strapped the carseat to the luggage thing through the seatbelt hole. (Did you get all that?) Voila, a rolling carseat/stroller. If you check it right before you board the plane, you won't have to take it apart and the only down fall is you won't have a stroller in the states, but they are at Walmart/Kmart for about $10. I flew with Colton a lot before he turned 2(and I had to pay for a ticket)! Hope it helps! Sorry for the long comment!
We are either being brave or stupid, but Hannah will be in a bassinet seat. They are first come first serve, with only six available on the flight from Japan to Dallas. She doesn't sleep if she is sitting up, so I'm hoping that with the bassinet seat she'll actually sleep on the trip. It's an advantage I have that she is so short--I don't have to worry about her fitting into the seat!
We are stocked with goldfish, ritz bitz peanut butter sandwiches and raisins :) Bad thing is that I will probably eat half of it--my airplane munchies are terrible and it is so much worse when I'm pregnant!
I'll be full of stories after I get there! I keep telling myself "Just under 24 hours with Hannah by yourself. You can do this!"
Your traveling journeys are amazing! About as amazing as you are! Praying for safe travels my friend. Enjoy your trip!
That's okay with the two pairs of shoes, that just means you can buy more while you're hear. (Like my logic?)
no not appalled, just amazed and slightly in awe. I haven't even been home two weeks and I gained three new pairs!!! I hope that you have a wonderful time while you are in the states!! Hang in there, too, you'll live through it.
Post a Comment