I know you have been there. If you are an at-home mom (or even if you have had an extended period at home), you have had one of those days where you just can't stop eating. Or, at least, you can't stop your desire to eat. It doesn't matter what--just something. And because you are "at home" there is an endless supply of things to eat!
Today was one of those days for me. Of course, circumstances ALWAYS play a part in the mommy munchies. Hannah has been grumpy with another cold (I think she is allergic to the new apartment) and hasn't been sleeping well. Today she decided not to nap well, either. I, on the other hand, was napping quite beautifully every time she woke me up. All day I would stare at the clock and wait until the next momentous occasion in our day--feed Hannah breakfast and wait for her morning nap; Hannah wakes up and we wait until lunch time; after lunch we wait until it's time for our inspection for our other apartment; After she "naps," then comes the really hard part of the day--the gap between the afternoon nap and dinner. There is nothing to do but sit around an munch. (Let me caveat that statement with this comment: there is PLENTY to do, but Hannah hasn't figured out how to play when she knows that I'm in the room. Because in our last house we were rarely in same room together and now we are in a big open room, this has caused a bit of an issue and prevents me from getting much done, as of yet.)
I digress. After Hannah woke up from her nap I attempted to take a new friend to McDonald's off base for a 35 cent ice cream cone (ok, so it's a 300 Won ice cream cone, but that's the equivalent). She couldn't go with me, but we chatted for about 20 minutes. (I AM making attempts to talk on the phone!) After hanging up the phone I KNEW I needed to leave my apartment so I did what most moms at Osan do--took a walk to the Post Office. While there I got the BEST thing in the WORLD--I surprise package!!! I can tell you that there is nothing that can compare to getting a package in the mail. Yes, it was fun in the states, but packages are now filled with things that we CAN'T buy here. Not only was it a surprise package, but my dear friend went crazy with the stuff she got the Rhodes Family. It seemed like I just kept pulling out more and more fun things! At one put I said out loud "Wow, you went crazy!" At that moment I pulled out a magazine that had a note on it that said, and I quote "I know, I went CRAZY, but I had so much fun!" It was GREAT!! At the same time, there was another mommy at the Post Office who was escaping her world of toddlerhood, too. So, we went to the BX (which is attached to the Post Office), bought a coke and talked for 45 minutes. It was neat because she just moved here and lives right under my apartment.
And so, all of this happened because of the Mommy Munchies. If I knew such fun things would happen every time I got (and tried to fight) the munchies, I would pray for them everyday!
Monday, June 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I haven't had those lately, and I'm starting to get a little worried! But, I can relate cuz I've had them before.
Yea! You got it! That was FAST! I am glad it brought joy to your day....and hopefully you guys liked most of the stuff.
However, I can't say that I have ever had the "mommy munchies". If watching tv all day instead of eating is considered the same thing then I have had way too many of those lately!
Post a Comment