Sunday, April 02, 2006

Petty

People who know me even FAIRLY well know that it is not uncommon for me to have a week so full of activity that it even makes me exhausted to think about it on a Monday morning. Sometimes it seems that everything happens all at one time, and this week is one of those weeks. I woke up this morning fighting a bad attitude. I fought with the Word and Truth of God and battled sucessfully. Feeling fresh, encouraged and full of energy I came downstairs to tackled the Monday to-do list. I turned on the news while working at my computer and there was a story about people in Sierra Leone who had a leg chopped off with an ax by rebels. One lady said it took them twenty swings to take her leg off. Another lady crawled through the woods for three days without one of her legs before someone found and helped her.

My to-do list is petty.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, my gosh! It puts things in perspective for me, too.

Beth said...

Wow! Thank you for putting my oh so hectic schedule in perspective! I now don't seem to mind the laundry list of tasks that keep piling up on my plate. I am even thankful that I have them!
Have a great week!

Amber Joy said...

hey I miss you.