Yes, I'm in Hawaii right now!! Can you believe that!?!? I got in at 8pm local time, so I haven't "seen" anything yet apart from palm trees and green grass (neither one of which are in Korea...) but I can FEEL Hawaii right now--I'm in shorts! Yeay!
After more passport issues for Hannah in the terminal in Korea (to go along with the issues we had in October), we made a flight to Yokota AFB in Japan, which is in the outer city limits of Tokyo. This flight to Yokota had a continuing flight to Hickam, Hawaii, but when we got to Yokota I found out that the flight to Hawaii didn't leave for 18 hours! Thankfully some of Jeremy's friends from the Corp of Cadets at Tech (Paul and Rheagan Frantz, if you are a fellow Hokie reading...) live in Yokota, and I stayed with them. Their two year old Lucas was celebrating his birthday so I got to join the celebrating with pizza and cake and ice cream. Rheagan is expecting their two child, a little girl, in April. Needless to say, they were very equipped for an unexpected six month old visitor. Paul works the same job as Jeremy, and he may be at the conference this week, too.
Hannah traveled fairly well. We were on a KC-10 (http://www.photohome.com/photos/aircraft-pictures/cargo-tanker/kc-10-1.html) and Hannah got to crawl around on the floor a lot. The Air Force requires all kids to have a seat, so I didn't have to hold her the entire time.
I'm staying with a friend of mine, Megan, who moved from Osan in October. Her husband is out of time until Monday evening, so it's just us chickens here playing :) Jeremy arrives on Sunday, and he took leave through the following Tuesday. I'll have to then figure out how to get home Space A (which I've heard is harder than trying to leave...) but I'll think about that when the time comes. Right now I'm just go to figure out where to go for the luau!
Friday, February 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jeremy's girls are on another adventure! Hope all goes as well on the return and that the in-between time is terrific!
Post a Comment