My time with Jeremy at home is coming to a close. He has done a great job taking care of the kids and "Running the Rhodes" for me. I've not had as much sleep as I had wanted to take advantage of during this time, but I suppose that was to be expected. Jeremy has had his fair share of problems this week, however. He wanted to increase the memory on the computer and what he had anticipated taking an evening of his time took 3.5 days. And then the downstairs toilet has decided to backup and have problems. Again. And my mom will be here tomorrow. Convenient, huh? It was just two months ago that we paid over $200 to have the drain snaked. Now it looks like we get to do it again. (And I wonder sometimes why I have a job...)
My week has been pretty tame apart from a crazy night last night. I must have been an alergic reaction to something (I have no idea what) and ended up with hives and itching and a terrible headache that shot pain through the roof of my mouth. Thankfully, all of that was gone by around 10am this morning.
Levi is doing great. He is taking to his schedule VERY well, and has had a four hour sleep stretch at night since day #3. Now to just get some fat on those wee little bones to stretch that out to six hours...the bigs love him almost too much. Especially his sister. It's been quite the week of establishing boundaries. I'm still very thrilled to not be pregnant anymore. I like dropping 8 inches from my waist in one week! HA! Just 9 more to go! :)
My mom will be flying into town tomorrow. The kids still don't know she is coming. As long as they are obedient and actually go to sleep during their nap (something Hannah struggles with these days!) they will wake up tomorrow afternoon to Grandma being here! YEAY!! It was such a fun thing to talk to my mom on the phone today and have her say "I'll see you tomorrow!" That conversation only happens once or twice a year, so I savor it when it does!
Because of the computer whoas, I don't have pictures downloaded. I'm made it a little goal to take one good picture of Levi a day. I don't have quite the assortment of poses and such that I did with the other kiddos, but I'll have enough for a good scrapbook. One day.
Off to bed...
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have a wonderful time with your mom! I hope Hannah naps and gets a great surprise. When Gregory was her age he sometimes wouldn't nap (and I was pregnant with the twins so I needed the nap!), so I just made a rule that he had to stay in his bed till the kids got off the school bus...if he slept fine, if not he could look at books. If he really needed the nap he'd get bored and fall asleep. Of course Gregory's the one of the 5 who was most likely to just say, "okay, Mom" and do it. Wouldn't have worked as well with the other ones :)
It's always fun to hear about your adventures. I love you guys. Enjoy the time with your mom.
Sounds like you are doing wonderful! Great job, mom!!! Have a wonderful time with your mom- get naps!!!
hey sister, tell that sweet mama of yours I said hello and love and miss her... (PS Love and Miss you too) I'm so glad that Levi is getting into the groove and the little ones are also adjusting well.
Much love and many prayers from getting chilly Boston!
Rach
Post a Comment