Tuesday, July 29, 2008

a tidbit on peppers

"Eating spicy food and/or chile peppers can become addictive. There are many people who don't enjoy tortilla chips unless they have salsa to eat with them, there are others that can never find a salsa HOT enough for their taste. Studies have shown that, yes, eating spicy food is addicting. What happens after eating something hot, is your body nerves feel pain. These pain signals are immediately transmitted to your brain. Your brain interprets this signal and automatically releases endorphins (the body's natural pain killer). The endorphins kick in and act as a pain killer and create this temporary feeling of euphoria. Hot and spicy food lovers soon begin to crave this feeling and are hooked!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you at 34 weeks pregnant even think about hot and spicy foods? I got heartburn just reading your post!

Anonymous said...

i'm with ya...even if i pay for it after eating spicy, I still have to do it!! Thankfully we live in Arizona...but I miss my Thai spicy in Korea!!

Anonymous said...

Where do you get this stuff?!:)

Summer said...

That explains my desire for seriously spicy food! I suppose that's what happens when you are raised on it from infancy!

b said...

Just checkin on ya miss almost about to have a baby! How are you doing these days besides eatin lots of spicy foods?! Ha!