My friend Becca and her family went to India to work with Pastor Daniel, a native of India who cares for poor children in rural India. Pastor Daniel runs the Mercy Home ministry (a link is below). I'm on Pastor Daniel's email listing, and I wanted to pass along an easy way (and small) way to care for the poor. God has really been impressing on my heart just how easily I can spend money on myself (for things I want not things I need) while believers and unbelievers all over the world don't have the money to feed their families or send their kids to school. Caring for the poor is not a choice in how we spend our money. We are commanded to take care of the poor. Here's a way to fulfill that command!
_____________________________
Dear Friends and partners
Greetings from the Mercy home ministry in India. God has blessed us with 800 children in our Mercy Homes and 300 children in our Kids club who come every week to worship the Lord and study the word. The schools in India are opening on June 1st after the summer vacation. Every child has to be sent to school with new uniforms, schoolbags, lunch box, umbrella, shoes and school stationary. Each child needs about $20 towards his school expense. Please visit our web site www.mercyhomes.org to know more about Mercy Homes . If you can sponsor any number of Kids it will be a great blessing. Please let us know as soon as possible. Thanking you so much for standing with us always for His Kingdom and the needs of the poor.
With love Pastor Daniel
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We will get right on it! I love practical ways I can do things to feel connected to the rest of the world and what they need!
Post a Comment