Saturday, December 08, 2007

You have to be kidding me

I'm doing some research on financial planning for work. According to one website calculator, in order to pay for four years of public school for both kids, I need to save $1200/month for the next 18 years. That is more than my mortgage, mortgage insurace, RE taxes, property insurance, and the $175 in extra principle I pay per month. Seriously, do "people" really think that the average American family has a snowball's chance in hey-hey to save for something like that?? And if they can, they are definitely not a "middle class" family!

Ok, enough of that...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see the breakdown of what that money would pay for. Just room, board, and tuition? How 'bout some community college for a year or two? Or classes at a local small college while working and living at home? What about good grades leading to some scholarship aid? What about working a bit and saving most of the wages? Oh,well. Who knows what the world will be like in 1.5 decades?

Anonymous said...

Here's what you do. You get them working on memorizing the periodic table. They will then get good grades in chemistry and win a gazillion $$ in scholarships.

H is for Hydrogen.
He is for helium.
Li is for ...