On a much more significant note, here is a belated CONGRATULATIONS to my dear friend Christy for passing the California Bar exam! (You little smartie pants!) California needs more Christian lawyers!
In unrelated news...
-Jeremy filled both deer tags this season and even though he wasn't very pleased with the sizes of his "kills" we will still have over 40 lbs of meat in the freezer due to his "hobby."
-My parents will be here three weeks from today and are staying for three weeks. This will be the first time they have been able to visit my home since I've become a mom. I'm REALLY excited about their visit!!
-Jeremy & I stayed up Thursday night and put up all of the Christmas decorations. Poor man ended up spending over an hour working on the Christmas tree lights. It didn't help that we have five trees :) I'll post pictures soon (hopefully).
-We deep-fried a turkey on Thanksgiving. It was quite the adventure and let me warn all of my cold-weather friends that peanut oil will, in fact, freeze if left in the trunk of your car. We had to put the oil in a bathtub of hot water to thaw it out before we could cook the bird!
-It snowed last Sunday and the snow has stayed on the grass, at least, all week. We are suppose to get more snow on Tuesday and Wednesday of this upcoming week. Definitely helped me get into the Christmas spirit. Surprisingly, the humidity was at 60% (which is HIGH for here!) on Saturday and with the highs in the upper 20s, it felt like east coast winter weather :)
-last but not least.....
GO HOKIES!!!
My dear Hokies beat the PANTS off of our rival team (UVA) and are headed to the ACC championship game against...Boston College. For those who don't know, we had a devastating forth quarter loss to BC earlier in the season (in the only game we were able to watch!). The good news is that it is hard to be beat the same team twice in a season, so odds are in the Hokies favor. The winner gets a BCS bowl appearance! GO HOKIES!!!
ps--Did anyone other than me catch the AMAZING (and sad) Uk and Tenn game today??? What great football! Hannah watched all four (yes four) OTs with me and when I would say "Go Kentucky" she would pipe up with "Go Football!" I think we are effectively brainwashing the child...
3 comments:
Is it safe to assume that one of the trees is a Hokie tree???
I wish! Actually, we only have two VT ornaments...I suppose we should put those on the wish list, huh? That would be pretty fun!
LOL! I love reading your blog - it is so you and makes me miss Thursdays even more!! Thanks for the congrats! Jealous of all you are accomplishing - I feel I have accomplished a lot if I have clothed, fed and bathed Joshua appropriately for the day... Hopefully I will be LB productive once new baby arrives!!
Post a Comment