Yes, even though we got the call about our shipment on July 20th, today is the day it is being delivered. We needed to wait until we had more work finished in our house, and the date we wanted the delivery was already booked. So, the day before my daughter's second birthday we are about to embark on the craziness of a 7,000 pound delivery. I have mixed emotions. I know I shouldn't wish my life away, but I do wish that the delivery was finshed and everything was unpacked! Ha! I'm so glad I won't be doing this again for the foreseeable future! Six houses in six years is about enough for this gal...
We have almost all of the painting done in the house. Only the hallway, stairwell, and the baseboards/trim left to do. Of course, some of the baseboard hasn't even been nailed up yet, the downstairs bathroom needs some major repairs (thank you, renters), we need to hang some doors and a room in the basement still needs carpet laid, but that can all wait :)
It's been a busy couple of weeks. Scott and Amy (Jeremy's parents) have been visiting since July 21st and I don't know what we would have done without them. I told Scott that he must feel like he is on a mission's trip with all of the construction that he has been doing! And Amy has been so faithful in watching the kids, playing, changing diapers and doing the millions of dishes (no dishwasher, folks!). So, this house has been brought to me in part by Scott and Amy Rhodes (can you hear Seaseme Street in your head?).
I'm currently in pursuit, or at least heavy contemplation, of a part-time at-home accounting job. There are a few opportunities available to me, which makes it even harder because I actually have to CHOOSE something. But I'm blown away by God's generosity in giving me the ability to continue with the field that I love and be able to do it from home. Thank you, Jesus!
Things are looking up for Jeremy's job. We found out yesterday that the second priority placement candidate chose a job and it wasn't at Malmstrom. There was a third guy that popped up, but we also found out yesterday that they aren't suppose to continually add priority placement candidates to the que after an application package has been submitted. SSSOOOOoooo....best case scenario is that Jeremy is a GS employee in as little as two weeks. Worse case is three months. Either way, things are working in a very positive direction for us. Again, Thank you, Jesus!
Of all days to post an update, I picked the day I need to actually be ready by 8am. So much more to say, but I should try to do a little at a time, huh?
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment