I feel amputated without constant 24/7 access to the internet. I'm a junkie. I need therapy. Is there an "Internet Users Anonymous" out there? IUA?
Obviously, last Monday was a hard day for me. It's hard to pretend life is normal when it just isn't, you know? After emotionally dumping on God in a very Davidic style, God was faithful (as He always is) and pressed my reset button while I was sleeping. I woke up feeling some better on Tuesday, which I'm so thankful for. I don't like feeling like an emotional wasteland.
Wednesday I was able to ride with my friend Nicole up to Seoul so that she could move into the Stork's Nest. Hopefully she'll be able to have her baby before I leave so that I can meet little Faith Anne Fleming. How fun to be the passenger to Seoul and not person needing to go! Between all of the chiropractor appointments and having two babies, I felt like I was always in need of traveling companions :) I had SUCH a good time chatting with her over the 4.5 hours we spent together!
On Thursday afternoon our weekly babysitter and my friend Amber came to the house at 12:30pm and we were able to spend six hours together before Jeremy & I had our final date in Korea. I need to start recruting babysitters who like to volunteer :) He he he :) In more ways than one Amber has been such a blessing to our family!
Friday was Jeremy's going away lunch. I had been to three going aways at this particular restaurant, including the guy Jeremy replaced in April 2005. It was weird to see Jeremy stand up and receive the fun going away gifts and give the "It's been a hard tour" goodbye speech. But, I was able to load up on excellent Thai food and since there is only one Thai restaurant in Montana, it will probably be a while before I have Thai again. (This is one of the reasons Jeremy & I are hoping to start "gourmet" night were we have an at-home date cooking food we usually can't afford in the grocery budget and our kids wouldn't eat anyway!)
Today was the final Book Club meeting and it was EXCELLENT conversation about "Israel, My Beloved." I would love to start a Book Club in Great Falls--any takers?? Meet once a month at Starbucks for two hours of conversation praising (and sometimes trashing) various literary works??
Tonight is our final time going to the Hospitality House. Although we haven't been able to go since Benjamin was born, we poured ourselves into that ministry for almost two years. And, again, it will be weird to be the person that is being "sent out" from Osan. Hmmm...
Tomorrow is Father's Day and is our final day at Mission Baptist. I know I'll cry and that's a good thing--I have loved and been loved there. Praise God!
Benjamin cut two teeth last weekend, which was a good reminder that while everything is changing around me, my "job" of mothering continues. This constant in my life has actually been something God has used to keep me together at various times, and I'm thankful for that!
Until I have a computer again, farewell my friends!
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thinking of you as you're saying your good-byes at the end of a stressful assignment...and we're saying hello at the end of a stressful deployment. Chuck got home tonight!! He's finding that the kids are a bit bigger for horsey rides!
Post a Comment