From Lifeway.com:
"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BP)--Parents who faithfully and consistently apply God's words on life and family have a better chance at raising desirable children, Christian pollster George Barna says.
Revolutionary Parenting
An April 9 news release promoting Barna's new book "Revolutionary Parenting" is short on polling data, but it mentions three dominant approaches to parenting -- parenting by default, trial-and-error parenting and revolutionary parenting.
"Revolutionary parenting, which is based on one's faith in God, makes parenting a life priority," Barna, chairman of The Barna Group, said. "Those who engage in revolutionary parenting define success as intentionally facilitating faith-based transformation in the lives of their children, rather than simply accepting the aging and survival of the child as a satisfactory result."
Barna sought out young adults who considered knowing and serving God their top life priority, possessed a biblical worldview and believed that their main purpose in life is to love God. Then he worked back to research what parenting characteristics produced such children.
One of the most sobering outcomes of the research, the news release said, was that less than one out of every 10 young adults in the United States meets those simple criteria."
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YOU ARE COMING BACK TO GREAT FALLS!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID I NOT RECEIVE THIS NEWS?????? AND LIVING IN THE BIG YELLOW HOUSE!? WHAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Less than one in ten?! I would not have been surprised if it had said less than one in a thousand! So I am encouraged by the number. I guess a lot depends on how low one's expectations are, huh?
Tag, you’re it. We’re playing geekly blogger freeze tag or something. Stop by my blog for the rules and other info. I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Post a Comment