Monday, March 19, 2007

First I cheat, then I steal

I stole this little diddy from my girlfriend Beth (http://surrealluv.typepad.com/. Pretty good, huh? Thanks for sharing, Beth!


"Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we should dance."


Life hasn't exactly been a party this past week (unless potential pity parties count!) but dancing to a different tune of life definitely makes the hard times past more quickly!!

As a note to my father-in-love...the first thing that comes to mind when asked "What kind of research can you do in accounting?" is that there is always research being done to analyze the affects of different accounting standards (GAAP) on American businesses which then flows to the stock market and to the American ecomony. There are constantly studies on the benefits and drawbacks of certain presentation styles for different financial statements as well as how to have an set International Standard for accounting rules so that investors can compare the financial statements of US businesses with those in Japan, Germany, etc. I'm sure that there are a TON of other ones, but I didn't even get a Master's in Accounting, let alone a Doctorate so I can only guess what they research. (Although, if something dreadful were to happen to Jeremy, my little tail will be back in school to get BOTH of those degrees as soon as the age of the kiddos would permit!) Thanks for the interest!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Hmmm...your father.....reminds me of "Valentine's Day", "Memorial Day", "Hey...December".....hehehehe

Katie Glathar said...

That is really good girl! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Look! I'm famous! I made it onto the LauraBeth blog!! Whoo hoo! Good quote isn't it??

Anonymous said...

Wellll....when you get to the "break the rules" part, don't forget to consider:
1)the source of the rule (God, your mom, Congress...)
2)the reason for the rule
3)the consequences of breaking the rule, remembering that sometimes we cannot anticipate all of them
4)willingness to accept responsibility (No "I didn't MEAN for THIS to happen" when things go awry.)
"Staying in the lines" means one thing when we're developing muscle control in preschool. It's another thing entirely when the lines are the ones painted on the highway and the one crossing the lines is putting ME in peril.

Nenang the Spoilsport