I have such wonderful friends who write all of the random things that have been happening in their lives and stirring in their minds. Here's what's been going on in the world of Laura Beth this week...
1) Hannah decided to get sick this week. Of course it was the week Jeremy had to work 6:30am-8:30pm every day. She even threw up on me--it was lovely.
2) Jeremy and I have watched started watching 24 and got hooked. In three weeks time we have watched all of season two and season three while simultaneously watching season six when it came on TV. In all, we've watched close to SIXTY episodes of Jack Bauer fighting terrorists in three weeks time. I think I know enough about counter-terrism to be hired by the FBI.
3) I've realized that I don't know much about serving other stay-at-home moms. I knew how to bless my co-workers at the office I worked out. But, I'm still just learning this whole SAHM thing and it has been a bit humbling that I just don't quite know how to love on my friends like I want to. I suppose that is the step toward competence, right?
4) Hannah has learned how to pronounce the "k" in "milk." Just this week she looked at me and said "milk" instead of "mil" with an emphasis on the k. One small step toward intellectual conversation...
5) My movers come in just two months to pack up the worldly goods I have in Korea. Two months. That's not a lot of time!
6) Because of #5, I went through my clothes to see what I could get rid of. In the process, I counted over THIRTY FIVE pair of pants and capris in my closet. Why? Pregnancy. I gain and lose FOUR sizes of clothes in addition to the maternity clothes that I wear when I get pregnant. By the time I'm 10 weeks pregnant I can't fit my normal pants because of my hips. It's such a lovely problem. I can't wait to be finished making babies so that I can get rid of most of those clothes!!
7) I was greatly encouraged to read Susie's blog and find out that life with three little girls isn't always tea parties and scrapbooking. I love when my friends are honest about their need to cry and call their moms--thank you for being real, Susie!
8) I read the book "Daughter of China" and I actually cried outloud. I recommend it to anyone who needs a fresh prespective on how spoiled we are as Americans and how blessed we are as Christians! It made me want to give money to Voice of the Martyrs and adopt from China all at the same time.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Do you know how much I love waking up on Sunday morning and seeing a new blog from you? I'm so sorry Hannah's been sick. It's the sign of a true mom to pull the child closer when they're getting sick because your clothes are easier to clean than the carpet. Sometimes I almost miss all that linoleum in Mustang Vilage :)
It's official...I'm the only person in the world who's never watched 24. But I can tell you all you need to know about Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana.
If what you've been doing is "not" loving on your friends, I don't know what is.
See, now my kids never got the "l" in milk. It was always "mick."
You say you can't wait to be finished making babies, but you'll be boo-hooing when you finally are. Trust me :)
I love my library and just put a hold on Daughter of China. Wait till Chuck comes home and I tell him we should adopt!
I love you, LB. You are such a blessing in my life.
You might also like Safely Home by Randy Alcorn- he is a business man in China learning about the underground churhc there. It's a good read for sure.
Wendy, I haven't watched 24 either, so there's a pair of us. But my husband thinks I ought to be watching that. And Heroes.
I was first struck by your comment that my crummy day encouraged you. But it's true, there aren't always happy faces around here. Luckily we are refreshed each morning :)
I would love to adopt a little girl from the Asian culture (China or Thailand, it's pretty bad there,too). I don't know if it is because of Jesse's job that I have a special place in my heart for them, but don't be surprised if within the next 5-10 years we find a little girl in our home from there! And I haven't even read the book yet!
Post a Comment