Monday, February 12, 2007

The latest and greatest


After spending over a month prepping for Jeremy to be gone to Alabama for five weeks, the Air Force pulled a very typical Air Force maneuver and told him, less than two weeks out, that he isn't going in February. Definitely an event that made my heart leap for joy--I don't have to go through the six week "fussy" week without back-up!! It does make our summer quite a bit more complicated, and our first ever family vacation has to be cancelled, which we are very bummed about. (We are praying that they give us our money back when we tell them we have to cancel!) I had been praying that God would send Jeremy at a time best for our family, and it truly looks like that prayer is being answered. And for some reason, this particular situation speaks so intimately to my heart from my God. Sometimes you just need those answered prayers that sound like God's voice saying "Yes, I do deeply care for you and your family."


In unrelated news, I'm proud to announce that Hannah is no longer in the bottom 10% for height! She had her 18 month well-baby appointment and she is now over 50% for height. But, because she has jumped from 50% to 75% for weight, she still looks proportionately the same. :) Benjamin had his two week well-baby appointment and is a whopping 10 lbs 12.5 oz! Yes folks, the boy has jumped over two pounds from his birth weight in just two weeks. Needless to say, nursing is going well!


With each week I feel more "normal" in my new life. The transition, so far, hasn't been nearly as bad as I was prepping myself for. Maybe I actually learned something the first time I made a baby transition and I'm not having to learn things the hard way? Cutting back three ministries I was involved in has definitely proven to be one of the wisest decisions I've made while at Osan. I don't wear a Superwoman cape, and I don't want one in my closet to tempt me to put it on!


Off to get Hannah's breakfast ready!

4 comments:

Katie Glathar said...

Adorable picture! Way to go, mom! You are acing it! I am still having a hard time adjusting but I know that things will get better. I am so excited to hear that God has answered your prayers. Love you!

Wendy said...

I am not even a little bit surprised that Jeremy's class got changed. And I believe God's going to make a way for you to get your vacation too, even if it's rescheduled. Does this get you out of Osan earlier?

I found the transition from one kid to two MUCH easier than from no kids to one. Even going from 3 to 5 was easier than going from none to one!

Cortney said...

Thank you, that keeps me hopeful that I will survive the #2 kid transition. Glad to hear that the kids are growing well and thank God for answered prayers!

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture! and an even more precious "little" guy! I so wish we could mee your little ones. Lord willing one day!

Your attitude and adjustment towards 2 children gives me hope. Thank you for being an inspiration.