This post will illicit much sympathy from my fellow Osaners...
After an hour of toss and turning, I got five hours of sleep, another hour of tossing and turning and finally asleep again at 5am. At 6am the base alarm went off. It was so long that I dreamed about the sound, then I halfway thought "Oh, the alarm is going off. Another unannounced exercise" and then my thoughts shifted to "It has never been this long...I wonder what is going on...they didn't say "exercise" at the end of the alarm...I wonder what is going on!"
I laid in bed thinking about being 37 weeks pregnant and having to NEO evacuate with Hannah and two 60lb suitcases. And I keep thinking... "Bummer. I lost my keys and I can't get into the storage unit for the suitcases. Bummer. I lost my keys and can't get into the firesafe for the passports. Bummer. I don't have three days of food and water to pack with me. Do I take stuff for Benjamin, too? Do I put Hannah on my back and drag two suitcases and two carseat? I should see if Nicole can help me with Hannah in case I go into labor along the way. What if I end up in Japan and have Benjamin there? Will I have to wait until I get a passport for him before I can continue flying to the state??"
So, I got up to see if there was something on TV to tell me what was up. Nothing. Looked on Fox News and CNN. Nothing on Korea. Better safe than sorry, I took a shower and started looking for my keys. You know, just in case I have to be flown out of here. After getting clean and finding my keys I realized that if this were a "real world" situation, I would have gotten a call to be on alert to pack my bags. So I took a little 20 minute nap before Hannah woke up and the day REALLY started. Oh the adventures that life in Korea provides! HA!
1 comment:
Sorry for the un-rest. Hannah does look pretty adorable. Something about the pigtails pointing straight out!!
Post a Comment