Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sincere Appreciation

A couple of months ago Pastor Mike told the core leadership team that he wanted to have a Volunteer Appreciation luncheon. Orginially it was going to be a potluck, but then he decided that the church should provide all of the food (For all 350 people in the church). His menu was lasagna, salad, bread, and two huge bakery sheet cakes. Little did I know what else he had up his sleeve...

Yesterday was the Volunteer Appreciation Sunday. There were coffee mugs made that said "I love to volunteer at MBC." There was a huge banner made and hung outside of the church that said "We love our volunteers." The names of all of the volunteers were printed on the back of the bulletin. During the service he called all of the kids up front for a special "mini sermon" and had them all pass out roses to their Sunday School & Kid's Church teachers. Mind you, it wasn't a rose per person--I came home with six of them! Then he had plaques made with special individual words of thanks to each of them members of the core leadership team. And THEN there was lunch. It was amazing. I have never felt so appreciated by a pastor in my life. He is such an example of servant-leadership. I am so blessed to be under his pastoral care--because he cares a lot!

Now...off to finish painting my Sunday School class. I'll have before and after pictures to publish soon! It looks so neat in there!!

1 comment:

Amber Joy said...

I forgot to tell you, I appreciate you, too.