
Ok, in order to answer this question you have to be really honest and not care if you sound humble or not. Do you have a good quality that is so ingrained into your being that you can't stop yourself from being that way? I have friends that are naturally kind all of the time. I have other friends who are joyful and laughing almost everytime I'm around them. I have another friend who is very discerning of people and situations. Do you know what your quality is like that? Have you every thought about it? I know mine. I'm organized. I'm organized to the point that I almost irritate myself with how organized I am. I can be in a good mood or a bad mood, sick or well, rested or not and I'm organized. Last night I planned my meals for a month and today I did almost all of the grocery shopping. (As I write this I'm wondering if I should publish it...) Why am I scared to tell people (when they ask, of course) of the things that I do because I'm afraid of making them uncomfortable and "not good enough" when I tell of my organization? Why is it that women, in particular, are so afraid to have something that they are naturally good at? Why can't we look at the way God has made us and rejoice? I don't mean to look at ourselves in the broad "fearfully and wonderfully made" way, but to really look at the specific way that we were fashioned and formed and praise God for it? How can we rejoice in the amazing qualities of our girlfriends when they can't rejoice over those qualities themselves? Just curious...
3 comments:
This is great... and right on. I've always loved your orginization. Not only do I benefit from it (letting you plan activities) but I am inspired by it, too! I wish I could plan my meals for a month. Right now I'm working on one week at a time, and even that fails me most days.
Incidentally, I've very outgoing and have a knack for making people feel comfortable. Yes, I'm still attacking visitors at church. But it works! Some of the couples I've preyed on are now really involved. One is even the assistant pastor! =^)
What a good blog. I never really thought of it that way, but I agree-you should be proud of the things that you are good at and the way God made you.I would be willing to trade mine for organization though. haha. I think mine is that I'm fairly easy going in my parenting style (not discipline or anything else important) but like they potty training, weaning of the binkie, etc... I don't stress over the small stuff.
too true. I will really have to think about mine. some days I feel like I have quite a few, other days, I have less. Satan preys upon those things that we do good, too. We actually have to guard our good qualities.
love you
Post a Comment