Sunday, January 22, 2006

Calgon take me away

The alarm clock sounded and I enjoyed my bed for a couple of extra minutes this morning. I went into the bathroom, turned on the water and went downstairs to fix my breakfast while the water warmed up. In our apartment building, it takes 15-20 minutes to get hot water for a shower if you are the first in the building to take a shower in the morning. This usually happens to me on Sundays... After fixing breakfast I decided that instead of a shower that I was going to enjoy a bath! Hannah was asleep, and if the wee dictator woke up, Jeremy could take care of her. So I started filling my large bathtub and opened the cabinet under my sink to look for some bubble bath. As usual, there are four or five different products to choose from. Not because I have a facination with good smelling bath products, but because I never use the ones I have.

I have always known this was a chronic problem of mine. I get bath salts or bubble bath or mineral rocks or something good smelling from a friend and immediately it gets stored under my sink. Getting bubble bath from a friend is such a lovely gift. She is telling me "I want to give you the gift of time for yourself, a little something for you to indulge in." Times alone in a large sudsy tub are so necessary in this life in which I live! Yet, why are such times so few and far between? When I had to pack up all of my good smelling bath products and move to Korea I realized that I had a task before me--I must use all of these before I moved back to the states. I could not be the woman who packed and unpacked the same collection of bubble bath with every move. Likewise, there is no way that I could throw away such items, either. They represent a state of blissful peace that all of us long for in the chaos we call life.

And so, I soaked in my bubble bath. What a wonderful thing to put on my to do list!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Okay, you have unknowingly given me a mandate, as I have been one of "those" women!!! I will take your challenge, and in doing so will indulge myself in a bubble bath sometime in the next week. I will blog about it when I do for proof. =^)

Katie Glathar said...

I will be sure to buy you some bubble bath as your "welcome home" gift when you get to the states from Korea.